SURFACTSOL

Description

What is it

Surfactsol is a heavy duty laboratory glassware soak and is strongly
recommended for the cleaning of laboratory glassware by hand methods.
Soaking in Surfactsol solution will treat heavily contaminated items, for which
chromic acid treatment is normally used. It will remove silicone grease and oils, Canada Balsam, Cedarwood, blood, tar and many water insoluble salts.
Surfactsol completely rinses leaving no residue or film.
Available sizes and formats;
4 x 5 Litre Pack, 10 & 20 Litre Containers

Benefits

Surfactsol consists of a blend of anionic and amphoteric surface-active agents with organic chelating compounds
and builders. It is fully biodegradable, solvent and phosphate free and is completely stable through the normal
temperature range 0-100oC.
Excelling in hard surface detergency and exhibiting excellent lime soap dispurcent and soluablising properties.
Surfactsol rinses completely from all surfaces leaving no film residue, which could affect subsequent work in
which glassware is used.
The product is therefore ideally suited for use in medical and chemical laboratories.
Suitable for use with hard and soft water.
Ideal for use with GMP process laboratories

How to use it

Normal washing of lab glassware:
A solution of 5-10ml/litre of warm water should used.
Washing Heavily contaminated articles:
should be soaked in a 20ml/litre solution for periods up to 24hrs.
Washing Oily Soiling:
When soiling is of an oily nature the solution should be heated to 80oC to effect rapid removal.
Washing insoluble salts:
When cleaning glassware contaminated with insoluble salts, such as the salts of bismath, calcium and mercury,
etc. a 20ml/litre solution at 80oC should be used in a soaking treatment.

Decontamination of Radioactive surfaces:
For the decontamination of radioactive surfaces the concentration will depend on the degree of contamination,
a 5% solution used in a soaking process at 80oC is effective.
Rinsing:
Articles washed in surfactsol should always have a final Distilled or Demineralised rinse.
Hazards
HARMFUL - Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
In case of contact with eyes or skin, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or label.
Please refer to material safety Data Sheet for full health & safety information.

Download PIDS       Download MSDS

Comments are closed.