Sychem are actively recruiting a Project Engineer to grow our busy Projects department!
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, we are looking for someone to assist the Projects team with the Installation of capital equipment for Hospitals, Laboratories & Research facilities across the UK and increase the management capacity of awarded projects.
We are looking for someone who can deliver a professional, organised and efficient service at all times, gain trust by building excellent working relationships and to consistently review and improve processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Communicating effectively with customers, management & engineering teams throughout project via
- Performing occasional site surveys of customer layouts to capture data for manufacturing partners
- Gantt chart of project programs in Microsoft Project
- Liaising project programs with the Service Resource team
- Creating & Liaising RAMS – Risk Assessments & Method Statements for engineer activities.
- Liaising part ordering with the Purchasing team to support the installation team.
- Ensuring that sign-off procedures are followed within appropriate time-scales
- Site services prepared for install visits
- Project kit i.e. tools, fittings, equipment, and bespoke components available for engineers on site.
- Installation SOPs & commissioning reports
- Performing snagging reviews with customers to bring the project to full conformance & operation upon installation/commissioning issues
- Self-managing time & resources between projects
Qualifications/ requirements of this role:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree, or qualified by experience
- Hands-on installation experience
- Proficient in project management
- AutoCAD drawings, 3D CAD and sketching skills to communicate detail
- Ability to organise own workload, by prioritising and managing multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving skills
- A proactive and reactive approach
- The ability to work under minimal supervision
What can we offer?
- Development and progression within your role.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a small growing business.
- Genuine investment in you as a person and as part of our team
- Annual summer & Christmas parties with the whole group (once allowed!)
- Regular team outings
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
If you think you could be the right fit for the role, please contact [email protected]