What is PROTECT Technology™?
PROTECT is a disinfectant / antiseptic technology platform. It is intended for use as a skin antiseptic such as a hospital hand sanitiser, and offers safe, effective, user friendly skin cleansing, disinfection and sanitation across a wide range of industries. From healthcare to educational establishments, food processing to veterinary science, when used as part of your infection prevention and control procedures, Sychem PROTECT is a proven technology safe to use in all associated food, animal and human environments.
The PROTECT Technology™ platform is based around the quaternary ammonium compound benzalkonium chloride (BAC) with an adjuvant effect to enhance its antimicrobial efficacy.
*Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
The Sychem PROTECT range
Sychem PROTECT, one of our infection prevention products are specifically designed to reduce the risk of infection, cross infection, cross contamination, spoilage etc. which occurs as a result of contact via the hands and skin. Our hand and skin hygiene products are available in three formats (see Figure 1):-
Hand sanitising foam rub:
- 50mL pump dispenser - maintain hand hygiene compliance when on the move with our pocket sized and easy to carry dispenser designed for personal use.
- 600mL pump dispenser - ideal for use in communal areas, waiting rooms, receptions, toilets, hand sanitising stations etc., where hand washing is unavailable.
- 1000mL refill cartridge for wall mounted dispenser - perfect for industrial use and areas where hand hygiene is essential, e.g. hospitals, food preparation facilities, clean room manufacturing etc.
- 1000mL cartridge for wall mounted dispenser where running water is available - perfect for industrial use and areas where hand hygiene is essential, e.g. hospitals, food preparation facilities, clean room manufacturing etc.
- 1000mL cartridge for wall mounted dispenser - ideal in place of soap / shower gel / shampoo, Sychem PROTECT skin wash decolonises, cleans and conditions the skin and hair and is intended for all over body use and is ideal when used as part of a hospital MRSA prevention programme
All Sychem PROTECT products are fully compliant with all current legislation including the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Directive.
How effective is PROTECT Technology™ against microbes?
Extensive testing at independent, accredited laboratories has demonstrated that the performance of PROTECT Technology™ products is at least equivalent to alcohol based hand sanitisers, gels and rubs.
PROTECT Technology™ products offer broad spectrum efficacy and are effective against non-enveloped viruses which is something that few alcohol based hand rubs can claim.
See Table 1 for details of the antimicrobial efficacy testing that PROTECT Technology™ products have passed.
Antimicrobial efficacy of PROTECT TechnologyTM
How does PROTECT Technology™ kill micro-organisms?
PROTECT Technology™ kills micro-organisms by simultaneously attacking multiple microbial structures and components which are all essential to life (see Figure 2). The result is a rapid microbial kill of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Why, where, when and how should I use Sychem PROTECT products?
Why... Hand hygiene is crucial in many industries such as food and beverage industry, healthcare and animal husbandry. For example, within hospitals up to 40% of infections have been attributed to cross infection via the hands of healthcare workers 5 and hand hygiene within healthcare is a key focus for the World Health Organisation (WHO). 6 Sychem PROTECT products interrupt the key transmission pathway of the hands (skin) by reducing the bioburden (i.e. number of microbes present) on the skin to its lowest possible level. This reduces the risk of infection, cross infection, contamination, spoilage etc. that may occur as a result of skin contact.
Where... In situations where skin and / or hand hygiene are of paramount importance Sychem PROTECT products provide highly effective skin and hand hygiene solutions.
When... To get the best results Sychem PROTECT products should be used frequently, i.e. at every point where you would normally sanitise your hands with a gel or rub, simply substitute Sychem PROTECT products into your hand sanitising protocol. Frequent and thorough hand sanitation with Sychem PROTECT products will ensure you get the best out of the product and your skin remains as clean as possible for as long as possible.
How... Sychem PROTECT products are very simple to use and will fit seamlessly into your existing hand sanitation / skin cleansing protocols with little or no training required. Where your staff are already trained in the six-step hand sanitising technique there is no need for additional training.