FAO – All Sychem Customers / affected parties
I’m sure you are all aware of the growing concerns that surround the COVID-19 outbreak. There is currently no vaccine for novel coronavirus (2019-nCOV) but there are things you can do to help stop coronavirus spreading.
How long can the virus survive?
How long any respiratory virus survives will depend on a few factors, for example:
• What surface the virus is on
• Whether it is exposed to sunlight
• Differences in temperature and humidity
• Exposure to cleaning products
Under most circumstances, the amount of infectious virus on any contaminated surfaces is likely to have decreased significantly by 24 hours, and even more so by 48 hours. Once the virus is transferred to hands, it survives for fewer than 5 minutes. Regular cleaning of frequently touched hard surfaces and hands will, therefore, help to reduce the risk of infection.
Recommendations from Public Health England (PHE) and World Health Organisation (WHO)
During previous outbreaks due to other coronaviruses (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), human-to-human transmission occurred through droplets, contact and fomites, suggesting that the transmission mode of the COVID-19 can be similar. The basic principles to reduce the general risk of transmission of acute respiratory infections include the following:
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away
• Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitizer gel if soap and water are not available
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
• Avoiding unprotected contact with farm or wild animals.
• Within health care facilities, enhance standard infection prevention and control practices in hospitals, especially in emergency departments.
WHO does not recommend any specific health measures for travellers. In case of symptoms suggestive of respiratory illness either during or after travel, travellers are encouraged to seek medical attention and share their travel history with their health care provider.
How can Sychem help?
Sychem Protect is a disinfectant/antiseptic technology platform. It is intended for use as a skin antiseptic solution and offers safe, effective, user-friendly skin cleansing, disinfection, and sanitation across a wide range of industries.
From healthcare to laboratories, food processing to veterinary science, Sychem Protect is a proven chemical technology safe to use in all associated food, animal, and human environments.
Sychem Control is a high-level dual cleaner disinfectant chemical solution offering safe, effective, user-friendly single step cleaning and disinfection across a wide range of industries and applications. From healthcare to laboratories, food processing to veterinary science, Sychem Control is a proven solution safe to use in all associated food, animal, and human environments.
The Control Technology™ platform is based around the quaternary ammonium compounds didecyldimethyl ammonium chloride (DDAC) and benzalkonium chloride (BAC) with an adjuvant effect to enhance its antimicrobial efficacy.