Bowie & Dick Test Pack BD125X/2
- Detects inadequate air removal and steam penetration in vacuum-assisted Steam sterilisers.
- Problems will be shown as heterogeneous colour change from yellow into dark brown/black.
- Visual results which reduces the chances of misinterpretation.
- Ready to use – no need to construct test packs.
- 100% Lead Free.
- Process: Steam
- Initial Color: Yellow
- Final Color: Black, Dark Brown
- Indicator: Type Type 2 Chemical Indicator
- Regulations: ISO 11140-1, ISO 11140-4
- Size: 16 mm x 125 mm x 125 mm (approximate).
- Assembly: permeable barriers – 1 silicone paper – 1 test sheet – permeable barriers. Wrapped with crepe paper.
- 20 packs per box.
Process challenge devices are required to confirm that a sterilisation or decontamination process has been adequately performed.
Process challenge devices are used to provide a challenge to the sterilisation and decontamination processes that are equal to or greater than the challenge posed by the most challenging item routinely processed through the equipment.
PCD’s are another step-in, ensuring decontamination equipment is working correctly and assists the department by allowing its users to quantify that the equipment is working correctly and within specifications.