We at Sychem offer a comprehensive range of Infection control consumables to a variety of industries, including Healthcare, Laboratory, Life Sciences and many others. We are experts in Disinfection, Sterilisation and Decontamination.
What is a Process Challenge Device?
A Process Challenge Device is required to test the Sterilisation or Decontamination process, and is used to confirm whether it has been effectively performed. Process Challenge Devices often come in the form of a Chemical Indicator, and are used to verify the process has taken place correctly and to industry standards. A Process Challenge Device also acts as another step in ensuring that the Decontamination equipment is operating as it is meant to, and assists the Sterile Service Department by allowing staff and users to confirm that the equipment is working correctly and operating within specifications.
What Process Challenge Devices do we offer?
At Sychem, we offer a number of Process Challenge Devices for use in various industries, particularly Private Healthcare and NHS Pathology settings. In addition, we provide a range of products from our partnership with Terragene, used to confirm that the Sterilisation or Decontamination process has been performed correctly.
We offer a diverse range of Chemical Indicators to check the success of the Sterilisation and Decontamination process. Chemical Indicators are used to test decontamination equipment and determine whether the sterilisation process is operating to regulatory standards. They are designed to respond to one or more conditions in the sterilisation chamber, and are used as part of routine quality monitoring processes.
Use in Industries?
Chemical Indicators can be used in a range of sectors, including Laboratory, Dental, Life Science and Healthcare. In the Healthcare industry, the sterile service department’s equipment must be operating to regulatory standards. While the Health Technical Memorandum offers guidance and regulatory compliance on what should be done, choosing the right products to monitor the sterilisation and decontamination processes is up to the department and the facilities Authorised Engineer in Decontamination (AED).
What Products Do Sychem offer?
At Sychem, we provide a variety of Process Challenge Devices, including:
- Bowie & Dick Test Pack BD125X/2- a Steam penetration Process Challenge Device.
- Helix Process Challenge Device- a Helix Kit with class 2 indicator strips.
- PCD-A-35BD- a Bowie Dick test for Helix-PCD systems.
- IT26SBL- a chemical integrator for Steam.
- IT26-C- a chemical integrator for Steam.
- IT26-1YS- a chemical integrator for Steam.
- CT22- a self-adhesive indicator tape for Steam.
- CD40- a chemical indicator for Hydrogen Peroxide
Our Chemical Indicator range is provided by our Argentinian partner Terragene, with who we have worked since 2017.
Who are Terragene?
Terragene are based in Argentina and have offered complete solutions for infection control since 2006, supplying to over 70 countries across the globe. As the UK exclusive partner for Terragene, we at Sychem are proud to provide infection control consumables to various industries. Our extensive range of infection prevention devices includes Protein Residue tests, Process Challenge Devices and Chemical & Cleaning Indicators.
The Trazanto and Traceability Devices
We also offer the Trazanto, a simple, accurate analysis device for chemical and washing indicators designed to provide clear results with a precision that goes beyond human capabilities. Trazanto harnesses an artificial intelligence (AI) based system for quality and traceability control of washing, disinfection, and sterilisation processes. Together with Bionova Cloud, this enables the streamlining of internal processes and optimisation of central sterile services departments workflow.
Trazanto is compatible for readout with:
- Chemdye® Trazanto Splat CDWA4 cleaning indicator for monitoring automatic and ultrasonic washing machines effectiveness.
- Chemdye® Trazanto Lumenia CDWE cleaning indicator to be used with Chemdye® Lumenia devices to evaluate automatic reprocessing washing machines.
- Integron® Trazanto IT26-1YS unique point chemical integrator for monitoring steam sterilisation processes.
- Integron® Trazanto IT26-C moving front chemical integrator for monitoring steam sterilisation processes.
- Integron® Trazanto IT26SBL unique point chemical integrator for monitoring steam sterilisation processes.
- Chemdye® Trazanto CD42 process indicator for monitoring hydrogen peroxide sterilisation processes.
- Chemdye® Trazanto CD40 multivariable process indicator for monitoring hydrogen peroxide sterilisation processes.
- Chemdye® Trazanto CD50 multivariable process indicator for monitoring formaldehyde sterilisation processes.
- Chemdye® Trazanto BD125X/1 Bowie-Dick test pack to detect inadequate air removal and steam penetration in vacuum-assisted Steam sterilisers.
- Chemdye® Trazanto BD125X/2 Bowie-Dick test pack to detect inadequate air removal and steam penetration in vacuum-assisted steam sterilisers.
- PCD Process Challenge Device PCD20-2 | PCD220-2 | PCD222-2 | PCD224-2 | PCD225-2 | PCD26-2 | PCD20-C | PCD220-C | PCD222-C | PCD224-C | PCD225-C | PCD26-C
- Lumenia SixFlow* Challenge Kit designed for monitoring the effectiveness of cleaning performance of flexible endoscopes in Automatic Endoscope Reprocessors. *Compatible with next version of Bionova® Cloud.
Visit the Terragene website for more information about their extensive portfolio of products.